Thursday, June 12, 2014

Some Stitching, cooking and stonework

Life has been pretty busy of late, but I have managed to do a bit of designing and stitching, I have noticed that my eyes seemed to be a bit more strained these days, so I'm off to see the optometrist tomorrow, so hoping some new specs will make stitching easier:)

All my favourite colours in this one!
 

I make this sweet potato concoction whenever I get a chance as I love it! Just baked sweet potato, red capsicum, add fresh thyme when cooked and toss through rocket or baby spinach and top with marinated feta, it really is yum and healthy!

I have been spending a bit of time at our block as we gave now decided to build there. As we have lots of stones already on our property, I thought I would try my hand at building with just dry stone. Starting off small, I stoned around an old bath that I'm growing a few veggies in. I'm pleased how it turned out and it hasn't fallen down so that's a good sign:)

Hope to return again soon

Lisa

 

9 comments:

Christine M said...

Pretty stitchery, Lisa. Your sweet potato concoction looks very yummy. I love the new vegie patch!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

look at you...three amazing creations..cleaver girl...

Chookyblue...... said...

so pretty an yes your colours perfectly.......glad you have started on the garden for the new house..........my neighbours have bath tubs in the garden that they bath in.........

Susan said...

Lovely stitching. Roast pumpkin and sweet potato are a great combination, looks scrumptious. Your stone wall looks great, often thought of trying it myself but we don't have the right rocks at our place. Would be a nice spot for an outdoor bath, but a little exposed!

debbie said...

*drooling* !!! xx debbie

Anita said...

Hi Lisa,
Lovely stitching as always, good luck with getting your eyes checked. That sweet potato mix looks yummy. I love the rock work on your block and it looks peaceful on that piece of land!!
Cheers, Anita.

Charlie and Wendy said...

Your stitchery is beautiful and yummy food! Clever you building with rocks, it looks amazing.

Shirley said...

Looking goid Lisa.

Kamao Poot said...

Find best Home based Business without any work, just invest and rest with your profit
EarningsClub.com