Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Much Happier!


I started stitching my design for my pincushion belt (as mentioned in previous post) on Saturday, but I wasn't at all happy with my thread colours and unpicked so many times...and thought the best thing to do was to just put it aside. As I had planned to visit Mum today, I decided to take it with me, so pleased I did as my sister also came and suggested that I stich a contrast colour next to the already stitched yellow centre. It makes the centres stand out so much more now and I am so much happier with it! The colours arn't quite true in this pic, the threads have came out a bit darker than they actually are.



Still lots more stitching to do on this one as it's nearly 15 inches long! I did have a couple of pictures but I have learnt that if you press the delete button one too many times, you will delete photos! lol!

I hope you are all enjoying your week!

Lisa
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Larissa said...

This is looking SO cute! Your pincushion is going to be just delightful once it's all put together!!

Leanne said...

The thread colours are lovely, the brown near the yellow looks really pretty. This will be a great project, can't wait to see more.

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

Looking good!

Dawn said...

yeah for sisters.. looks fab and I love your new header picture too...
Hugs Dawn x x x

Clara said...

Love the little snail!

carole johnston said...

I am looking forward to seeing this finished it looks lovely.

Roseanne said...

So very nice I do like the colour that you used.

Isabella said...

looks really cute Lisa cant wait for these patterns to come out :)

Quilt Kitty said...

It's very cute. How nice to have a mum & sister to help. Tracee xx

Shirley said...

Lovely.

Bev C said...

Hello Lisa,

Good luck with the pincushion, aren't sisters and mums handy.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Tatkis said...

Oh, I love this snail :) and the flowers look great!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Anonymous said...

very cute Lisa