Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Some New Books and Patterns


It has been years since I have made any clothes for myself or the kids, but it seems the clothes making bug has returned. I just wish I had this lovely book back when the kids were smaller...Toni Cowards 'Make It Perfect'...(Has 21 Easy Patterns for women and children) I also have a couple of her skirt patterns on order and hopefully they will arrive this week.


I don't really have much fabric suitable for skirt making so went in search locally for some fabric and found a couple of japanese prints which I think would make nice skirts.







a couple of patterns arrived in the post from Hatched and Patched



And I have also been collecting a few cooking books...Love donna hays books and am enjoying watching her shows on TV at the moment.

Hopefully next post I will have some skirts to show

I hope you are all having a great week!

Lisa

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Roseanne said...

I love the hatched and patched stamp pocket. Did you see the one on my blog.

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

'Make it perfect' is a lovely book!
Cheers....Jane.

Josie said...

You have all the makings there to be the next Domestic Goddess!
Can't wait to see your new skirts.

Anonymous said...

looks like you are going to be very busy Lisa,the japanese fabric looks very nice and i like Donna Hays recipes also

Quilt Kitty said...

Looking forward to seeing the skirts Lisa. I have an urge to make my friends little girls some cute clothes seeing we play with such great fabrics all the time. I think they will make fun clothes. Tracee xx

Shirley said...

Second attempt at leaving a comment. It is becoming trendy to make your own clothes Lisa so now you are a trendsetter. Love the navy floral fabric and the pincushion pattern.

Bev C said...

Hello Lisa,

You will enjoy making your clothes. The stuff in the shops is pretty basic. I love your cookbooks,enjoy.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Larissa said...

I do love Hatched and Patched patterns and that 'make it perfect' book looks fantastic - hoping you enjoy making things from these!
I also love Donna Hay's recipes. Have you seen her new pre-mix muffins and cup cakes at the supermarket? I heard about them from another blogger and finally found them on Sunday. I know it's not the same as making from scratch, but the moist chocolate brownies .... yummy!!!

Googy Girl said...

i bought the make it easy a line skirt pattern in Sydney... so easy.... i had the skirt made in one afternoon

i love donna hay, i haven't made a boggy donna hay meal yet, i have been subscribing to her magazine for years....sadly with two vegetarians i don't get to try alot of the recipes out these days