Tuesday, July 6, 2010

PURSE!!!

I finished off the large purse from Anni Downs new book yesterday...another lovely project from her book. It was really hard to get a good picture of the purse, as the fabric looks kinda grey in pic...but is actually more green. I will make a handle for it eventually, but still tossing up whether to get a chain, or make a fabric strap, either way I have to wait until I get to town to buy what I need to do it.

It has got quite a bit of room inside...and as you can see, quite a bit bigger than the other purse from the book!


I had forgotten all about this Protea...this is the first bud open for the year. Unsure of this ones name(edit Pink Mink)...still checking on my other Protea 'Cream Mink'...which is like this one, but yellow with black tips.

I hope you are having a great week

Lisa ʚϊɞ

12 comments:

Jo in TAS said...

It looks fabulous! Did you buy the frame locally?

Shirley said...

Those bags are just gorgeous Lisa. Still haven't got my book so shall have to ogle what you make from yours. The eye candy is just as good.
Shirley.

DAWNIE said...

Wow you are on a roll with this new book - looks great. cant wait to receive my copy from sarah this week

Bec said...

Oh my gosh it IS huge! and beautiful. A lovely purse! have you shown Anni what you have been making??? I am sure she would love to see. Bec xxx

Sue-Anne said...

It's gorgeous! I have finished the little key keeper. It's a fantastic book isn't it.
Your protea has the most wonderful colour in it.

Katrina said...

Hi lisa, WOW...Totally loving the purses. I have seen those handles on my travels. Might need to find some for my stash. Every week your blog has more and more wonderful "kreations".. Can't wait to see what you make next. How is the "life is Beautiful" going? I still need to start..lol..Katrina

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

Noice purse, luv the fabric. Protea is 'Pink Mink'.
Jane.

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

Noice purse, luv the fabric. Protea is 'Pink Mink'.
Jane.

Leanne said...

I like your purse. I have made a few purses one i use as my crafting purse so nobody is allowed to take money out of it even if they are starving to death LOL.

Chookyblue...... said...

I got the purse frame yesterday........hopefully today i can get it done...........

SandyN said...

Wow..... You purses look so cute...

Great job.

Sarah said...

Geeze, there sure is a difference in the size of the purses! Both so cute! I have sold out of those books now, waiting for another lot to arrive, then I can have one fore me!