Saturday, February 18, 2012

Knitting!!

I haven't knitted since primary school age and have to admit that I didn't enjoy it back then and preferred to do crochet. I have recently found a few patterns that are knitted and have felt the need to have a go at knitting once again. So today after purchasing some needles I had a go. I am REALLY surprised that I remembered to cast on and knit plain and purl! It's only been 30 plus years too! Lol!


I hope all you skilled knitters out there arn't laughing at my efforts! Lol! I am really enjoying it so far.



Most of my time has been spent making little clothes. This is a little crochet cardi that I made up for my (our) Blythe girls



And then of course I had to make 3 in different colours.

I hope you all have a great weekend!

Lisa

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

So Cute Lisa.....

Anonymous said...

lol there is 3 girls now and they will be the best dressed girls around,your knitting looks great Lisa,well done.xx

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

I might have to put an order in for a cardi....they look very pretty!
Cheers....Jane.
P.S..a me sized cardi that is....LOL!!

Larissa said...

Very cute!!! I do love me a bit of knitting, though I tend to make smaller items, like those dolls cardies or soft toys rather than big people-sized jumpers!!! The only people-sized jumper I've ever been able to finish, was one little one for my daughter, not long after she was born ... and she was only 6'3" a birth!! Lol! ... Living your little cardies ... And all the clothes you ate making for these adorable dolls!! ... Oh, and the stitcheries in the backgrounds are gorgeous too!!!

Bev C said...

Hello Lisa,

Cuteness times three.
Good luck with your knitting.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Shirley said...

And then there were 3....

They look like they have just stepped off the catwalk.

Wendy said...

Very cute crochet outfits, you are doing so well.

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

Hello Auntie Lisa
I really like the first dolls skirt, the second ones headband and hair and the third ones jacket
The look Awesome!!!
Jemma