Thursday, February 2, 2012

My Week...

I received a text message from my brother in law...'would you like a rocking chair...needs some work' well I couldn't reply 'Yes please' quick enough! Lol! (A chap he works for was going to throw it out!)
I can picture a quilt draped over the back with a little stitched cushion on the seat. I have always wanted a rocking chair and this one will look perfect on the verandah outside my sewing room



This little vintage find from a local market stall...lace and a little jar filled with buttons and for only $5 too!



Miss 10 has decided that she would like to keep her blythe doll (when she arrives) on the book shelf in my sewing room (as a temporary doll house), so rather than paint the inside of the shelves I decided to cover cardboard with some pretty fabric and place at the back. The fabric has only been pinned and taped to the cardboard and can easily be replaced at any time. I quite like the look and will eventually do it to each shelf back



It also makes a pretty back drop for photo shoots! Lol! This little lot is what I have made the last couple of days...a newsboy crochet hat and slouch hat, a crochet dress and 3 little floral dresses.

Now it's time to organize tonight tea!

Bye For Now
Lisa

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

Lovely outfits! I might have to try the rocking chair out when I come around next, after you've varnished it of course, I don't want to get splinters in my bum....LOL! You might have to hide your yummy buttons & lace too!!

quilterliz said...

G'day Lisa. The rocking chair is a fabulous piece to have, it looks great and will look just lovely with a quilt and cushion on it.Lucky you. Love the lace and buttons. Take care. Liz...

Anne Heidi said...

What a great rocking chair, and your shelves look so nice- such a great idea! Love the little outfits as well, they are adorable!

Anonymous said...

Lisa i can also picture the rocking chair like you said and boy what a find your jar of buttons and lace was,well done.
How excited your daughter must be that is a great idea of yours to cover cardboard and boy doesnt your shelves look great,perfect dolls house.xx

Susan said...

Love all your recycling and re-purposing. the rocking chair was a lucky score. Have fun decorating with it.

Cindy said...

I'm sure you will have that rocking chair looking cute soon! That embroidered trim is so pretty. I love finding stuff like that. Oh, and I really like the fabric pinned up on the wall. Great idea!

carole johnston said...

Just lovely,the chair,the shelves the dolls clothes..loved it all!!!

Kylie said...

Cute outfits for the Blythe doll and I love the idea for the shelving. Might have to try that myself. xx

De said...

Love the rocking chair and the shelves look excellent