Friday, June 1, 2012

Girls weekend and Good News...


We headed off to Hobart (about 1 1/2 hours drive) for our sons appointment to have all his (43) staples removed and to get the results on his tumour. He really has recovered so quickly from his surgery which was only a fortnight ago. The doctors told us years ago that the tumour was benine but they still sent a bone sample off to the lab to be tested just to make sure... and it was such a relief to hear that it wasn't anything nasty and just an osteocondroma (bone growth). He did however get in trouble by the doctors when we told them he was using his arm quite a bit...hopefully now he will listen to what we have been telling him and rest it so it's to go back in a sling for a while!
When we arrived home from the big smoke the hubby and both boys headed off to our caravan for a couple of nights...so it's only me and miss 10 for a couple of nights. We have a movie night planned with popcorn (stiching for me) maybe a bit of music and some dancing lol! you know all that girly stuff!




I have caught up on my SKoW and have even got in front by doing some towards my June and July blocks!

I did go into a fabric store after our sons appointment with the intent to buy a few fat quarters...just to celebrate lol! It had been a few years since I had been in this store but I was a bit shocked to find their fat quarters were $7.50! I am sure that the last time I purchased fat quarters form another craft shop they were only $5.50-$6.00. Have they increased alot in price???? So I came home without any fabric :(

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

Lisa

Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

De said...

So glad that your son is Ok. $7.50 seems a bit extreme to me for a fq.........but then again look at the metre price I guess.

Jo in TAS said...

I think I know the shop you're talking about, it' s very expensive!

Susan said...

That's such great news for your family. Yes I think $7 is too much for a fat qtr. the one I bought at the Home Patch this week was only $5.50. Enjoy your girls weekend, lucky you.

Anonymous said...

what wonderful news Lisa for your little man.Yes $7.50 seems very exspensive.Enjoy your girl time.xx

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

That is fantastic news about your young man and I am sure it is such a relief. $7.50 a FQ is seeming more like the norm these days in a brick and morter quilt shop :(

Quilt Kitty said...

Congratulations on the good news for your son. I hope his recuperation goes really well (& he listened to the Dr - lol). $7.50 a qtr or $30 a metre does make it hard to buy at local shops unless it is something very special. Tracee xx

Christine M said...

Glad to hear things are going okay for your son.

Isabella said...

Great news Lisa I'm so pleased for you all,

quilterliz said...

G'day Lisa. Terrific news about your son. I am glad that all is well. Yes, the $7.50 is a bit over the top, I wouldn't have paid that price. Your quilt looks beautiful. You have done such a great job of it. take care. Liz...

Wendy said...

Wonderful news about your son, boys are so hard to slow down!! Love your blocks and your drawings in the previous post.

Anonymous said...

Good news about your Son and typical Son not to listen to his parents :)
Glad you and DD had some great time together... sounds a bit like my Saturday night with my daughter but we were also at a party, but lots of music and dancing. I too am online looking at fat quarters and was surprised too :(

Susan In Texas said...

Fat quarters for $7.50, oh dear! I shouldn't brag, but we can get a yard of the cheaper stuff here in the states for that price. High end fabric is closer to $10-$12 per yard. I guess living in the "Land of Cotton" is good for something. It's too bad shipping costs so dang much or I would send you some. As hobbies goes, it is still cheaper than many. After all, did you know that "boat" stands for "break out another thousand"? lol. And I know I personally could make much better use of my scraps, of which I have bags and bags.

I'm happy you had only good news about your son. That had to be very scary, even if you were 99% sure that everything was fine. It's good to have proof. 8)

Take care,
Susan in Texas

Clara said...

I'm very happy for the good news about your son! THE FAT QUARTERS ARE A LITTLE BIT EXPENSIVE!

Tatkis said...

Wow, great news about your boy!
Have a lovely girly time :))
Your quilt progress is great - and colours are sooo sweet!

Hugs,
Tatyana