Friday, August 3, 2012

My Favourite Things....


With My Favourite Things quilt top completed, I can now get ready to quilt...which I shall be doing over the weekend. I have had a no reply blogger enquiring about this quilt on a previous post...so the following details are for her...The Quilt is from Anni Downs' book called Some Kind of Wonderful...which is full of gorgeous projects. The name of the quilt is 'My Favourite Things' and if you pop over to the stitch-a-long blog, you will find heaps more quilts in lots of different colourways.


We headed to Hobart early this morning for our sons xray and check up on his arm, which went really well! It really is hard to believe that it's been 2 1/2 months since he had his tumour removed! On arriving home this arvo, feeling very tired (up at 4.30am) I discovered the postie had left a parcel...

a fabric parcel!!! And how lovely are these fabrics for my 'Daisy Quilt' (also from Anni Downs book Some kind of Wonderful)

the lovely chooky gave me a link to to a craft store 'Threadbear' and they kindly put together a kit to make the quilt. There is a bit of a mix of fabrics here, but most are from the Blueberry Crumb Cake range.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend!

Lisa

PS Thank you to everyone who suggested fabric shops...I am going to keep them in mind for future purchases!!!
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

Such lovely fabric!! Have a wonderful weekend!

Cindy said...

Those fabrics are really pretty. I love blue and browns together. Can't wait to see your quilt all finished!

Shirley said...

So pleased your son's xray went well. Thos fabrics are so pretty and I know that before long it will look even more tempting.

Isabella said...

Glad to hear your son is doing well love your fabrics might get out my copy and see what I can find to try LOL

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Great news about your boy Lisa...gorgeous fabric love this quilt...

Susan said...

Great news about your son. Those fabrics are a good choice too, might have to check that site out.

Chookyblue...... said...

that quilt will be gorgeous in those colours........glad you found them.......

Deb R said...

Glad you received good news for your son...and you found some yummy fabric!!

Kylie said...

Beautiful Fabric - can't wait to see My Favourite Things finished. Have a great weekend. xxx

quilterliz said...

G'day Lisa. Glad everything went well with your son. The fabrics you received are gorgeous. Look forward to seeing your progress with the quilt. Take care. Liz...

Sarah said...

Glad to hear the check up went well Lisa! Its been a long road!
What a lovely package too!

Anonymous said...

so glad Lisa that your son is doing so well,i also love your fabrics Lisa.xx

Tatkis said...

Fabrics are fantastic - good luck with your new quilt project!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Anonymous said...

Lovely fabrics. You always choose such pretty fabrics.