Saturday, September 5, 2009

A finish!..And a start!




It's been a busy week here, with our local school having an Arts In Action Day( crafty day where the kids get to make a variey of crafty items!) I took my sewing machine in, and we made a cover for a notebook! The kids that I had were grade 4's and had no sewing machine experience, but went really well. They thought it was really cool to sew and make something! We also had to take our eldest son to the 'big smoke' for a doctors appointment. I hate going into the city, as I am very much the country bumpkin! I did, however, manage to complete a stitchery I started a little while ago, 'A Little Shabby' wallhanging, which was in Homespun 44 Vol.8 No.1. A Natalie Lymer design. I also started Anni Downs' How to Grow Angels. I know I'm going to have fun making this cute one! Hope your all having a great weekend!

4 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Arts in Action sounds like fun! How wonderful to inspire youngsters to sew.

Christine said...

Your wallhanging looks lovely. Look forward to seeing the angel quilt grow ... is on my list to make one day.

Melinda said...

Lovely wallhanging.

Elizabeth Newton said...

Hi,
How about sending some of your Homespun creations to us for the mailbag pages - they are too good to keep to yourself and the blogging world!
Regards,
Elizabeth Newton
Deputy Editor, Homespun