Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My Easy Quiches and few garden pics


I thought I would make some quiches for my son to take to school today as he gets sick of sandwiches.

I make my quiches in a muffin tin so they are a bit bigger and use a pastry sheet cut in quarters (which makes 4) Sometimes I fold the excess pastry down on top, but didn't have time this morning. Made and cooked in 30 minutes, I have been wondering whether they all lasted the bus trip to school without him eating any!!

I have mentioned before how I love daisies and this one is so pretty with a hint of pink in the petals

A little succulent growing happily in a log of wood (planted in log last year)

I am sure I have shown you this one before, but I just love it and couldn't resist another pic!

A newly purchased plant (sorry tag in way) in a rusty old jug with a discarded bird nest sitting on one of my ladder shelves

And last of all my daffodils

Sorry I have no sewing to show...only secret sewing for my SSCS. It took a long time to decide what to make for my partner, but I now have it all sorted!

Enjoy your week

Lisa
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Quilt Kitty said...

Lucky son, they look yummy. Daffis & daisies are gorgeous. Everyone is crazily swap sewing with nothing to show. I'm coming to Tassie next week but not going up the East Coast - would have loved to say hi. Hopefully next time. Tracee xx

Susan said...

Yummy quiches - a great change from boring sandwiches. Love your garden too.

Anonymous said...

yummy Lisa and lovely plants,plants make you smile

De said...

Yum - quiches look good! Congrats on the start for your SSCS - Im still planning - well that is deciding - but nearly there I think!

Fiona said...

Lovely school snacks.. my children never got anything so interesting!!! love the flowers... lots of people are sewing secret stuff it seems so we are not showing too much !!!...
Hugz

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Yum.....your garden is lovely Lisa...

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

I luv the pic of your daffies....& is that the little daisy we got last year...'Blush'?
Cheers....Jane.

L.O. said...

Your quiches look yummy. I have never had one, but seeing your pictures made me want to give them a try. Love your garden pictures as well. I bet sitting in your garden is dreamy. Take care.

Bev C said...

Hello Lisa,

I bet they didn't make it to school, they look delicious. You are a good Mum. Thanks for the beautiful garden shots.
happy days.
Bev.xoxo

quilterliz said...

G'day. Those quiches look lovely. Your photos are wonderful. Take care. Liz...

Tatkis said...

Mmm, yummy quiches! And lovely garden photos!

Hugs,
Tatyana