Sunday, October 30, 2011

New Paved area finished!!

Hubby and I have been working hard the last couple of weeks to finish off our new paved outdoor area. Later we will build a wood fired oven in the corner, but for now it's all ready for Mums 70th birthday BBQ next Saturday. I wish I had the 'before' photo to show, as it really was awful with an unused bird aviary and over grown trees


The little path leads to my old sewing room verandah where the bbq is kept

This is taken from the new sewing room verandah



My old wheel barrow has been moved to sit under the wattle and bottle brush tree

My favourite corner where hubby made a bird bath from some mud stone, he just ground out a bowl shape and I sealed it with some Boncrete so it will hold water. (I have put in an order for another one! Lol!) I was looking for bird baths a few weeks back only to find that they are really expensive now!

This rose is growing just outside my sliding door...wish I knew all the names of my roses



The first rose to open on this bush...it has lots of buds so it going to look pretty when it's all out in flower

I hope you have all had a great weekend!

Lisa
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Leisa said...

Your area looks lovely. Certainly worth all your hard work. Beautiful roses too.

Michelle said...

the paving looks wonderful, what a beautiful area and view. Love the old wheel barrow and roses.
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Looking great, you will enjoy a wood fired Oven, we have one in the Garden

Anonymous said...

Lisa your yard looks fantastic,well done ,and boy those roses are beautiful.

Larissa said...

Oooh!!!! Can I come over?!!! LOL! That new paved area looks FANTASTIC!!!!! And your roses look absolutely Gorgeous!! Each made perfect and unique in their own way!!! ... I'm also loving that bird-bath! Very clever hubby you have there, lol!

carole johnston said...

What a difference a little thing like a party can get us to do we were the same for Mums 90th we could not believe we had not done it before...love the bird bath,watch out he will be getting orders.

Susan said...

When will you be having an open garden???? It looks idyllic.

Chookyblue...... said...

wow looking great..........I am sure it is much nicer then what you had........gorgeous roses..........

Bev C said...

Hello Lisa,

Oh that spot is perfect. Laying pavers is hard work. Your hubby's birbath is fantastic. Best wishes to your Mum for her Birthday.

happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

That looks awesome...all your hard work has paid off!! I think the name of the second rose is double delight.
Cheers....Jane.

Leanne said...

Your new paving looks great Lisa, Hope the party goes well.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a beautiful patio. You and your DH did a great job. Your roses are lovely.

FlowerLady