Saturday, December 19, 2009

Lynette Anderson projects

I am sharing a few of Lynette Anderson projects today. As you know I have a 'thing' for bags (as we all do), but I also love making needlecases.
These are the books that the little needlecases were in...Sunflower Stitching and An Angels Wish




The punchneedle bag was in Homespun with a DVD tutorial. This bag comes with a little story....I made this bag a few years ago, and my mothers day present was to spend the day in my sewing room making it, while hubby looked after the kids and prepared the meals. It was such a great day of sewing and I was so pleased with it when I was finished that I had it on display in the lounge that night to admire!!! But as it turned out, my little girl (about kinder age then) also liked it & thought she might lay claim to it, and wrote her name with a pen on the pocket, bottom left hand corner!!! Yes there were tears, mostly mine, I was just so disappointed! That year sure was a memorable mothers day!!!!



11 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

sure I am getting a bit of the thing for needle cases myself..........

paulette said...

I love those little sunflowers!! Love your projects..well done!
Paulette

Teresa said...

Had a little laugh to myself when I saw your needlecases, because, of course, I've made the first one!!!! and have all of Lynettes books too. We have to meet one day and compare... could be scary though. Have a great day xx (Love the bag also)

Judith Tetley said...

Oh I just love designing and making needlecases...but no one does them as good as Lynette Anderson. I have all the patterns too so I must find some time to make them up.
I just found your blog and thoroughly enjoyed my visit. My heart sang when I saw your garden photo's as I used to have a garden like that. Unfortunately age and health problems prevent us from gardening and I sure do miss it.
Many Blessings
From: Judith
http://creativestudio10.blogspot.com

lynette Anderson said...

Dear Lisa,
Thank you so much for your wonderful display of stitching and I adore the story that goes with the punchneedle bag. I hope you and your family have a great Christmas
Lynettex

Marty Mason said...

Love all your needle cases and now must put these on my "Things to Gift" list...aren't Lynette Anderson Design patterns the best ever....

Cherie in St Louis said...

I popped over from Lynette's blog...you do beautiful work!

Bev C said...

Lisa, Lovely bag and needlecases, love the story that goes with it too. Sure is a memorable Mother's day,at least she didn't have scissors. Merry Christmas to you and your family Lisa.

Tatkis said...

Your creations are wonderful! I love your bag :)
Best wishes,
Tatyana

Mistea said...

Beautiful projects - gorgeous bag.

Anonymous said...

I just discovered Lynette's designs, and have fallen in love with them. You have some beautiful projects that I'm sure will be past down.

Love the picture of the stitching at the opening of your beautiful blog. Came on over from Lynette's place;-)