Sunday, May 2, 2010

Binder Finished!

I finished covering the binder this afternoon...I've wanted to have a practice before starting the Life is Beautiful quilt...now I think I'm ready! All that is needed now, is the fabric and to decide on the colour thread! This is the binder opened out...the fabric cut away from behind the stitchery, I have put on the back (left side in pic)

Now I will have a place to keep all the requirements needed for my LIB Quilt...the plastic A4 sleeves I can keep any completed stitcheries and stabiliser...inside pockets for scissors and glue.
Bye for Now
Lisa
Edit The stitch that I have used around the circle ,is a small blanket stitch on the sewing machine. In the instruction for the Life is Beautiful quilt, Helen uses a blind hem stitch on the machine.

17 comments:

Debbie said...

The Journal looks lovely. Did you sew the circle on with blanket stitch? I have been looking at this quilt for a while but not sure if it's too much work for me. I am not very good at needle turn. Thanks for sharing.

Roseanne said...

Your binder look good great job. I love doing needle turn. I only starded doing neele turn last year.

Kylie said...

Just gorgeous - the stitchery is very cute and what a great idea to put the cut away fabric on the back.

Cardygirl said...

Looks great! Did you do the applique by machine as suggested? You must be thrilled with it.

Sarah said...

That binder looks great. I also have the Life is Beautiful pattern - but I MUST get through all my to do list as well before I can start! Wonder how long it will take me???

Katrina said...

Great Idea using a folder to store all the bit's and pieces for the LIB quilt. I might have to borrow that idea from you :)..... have you decided on what fabric you are going to use? Katrina x

Thimbelina said...

You've done a great job of the binder...it looks lovely!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

That looks so good........I must do something now I think...

Jeanette said...

gorgeous. Love the binder cover. Hugs, Jeanette

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

Noice work!!
Jane.

Maggey and Jim said...

Oh, I really love the fabrics that you used,they just set it off. Great stitching too. I love it..Would like to see inside pics too.
Maggey

Yvette said...

I adore your journal!

Are you going to use the quilt as you go method for you Life is Beautiful?

Nima said...

wow..awesome...fabulous finishing. i love the circle patch on the back...very clever

Jo in TAS said...

Gorgeous!!!!!

Chookyblue...... said...

love the cover.......your on a good sewing roll.........

Sue-Anne said...

Your binder looks fantastic. I may have to buy the pattern for this quilt.

Unknown said...

I love it..those Sticheries are really cute..
cheers