Do you love cookbooks? I do! I am getting quite a collection of them. On my days off I have been enjoying some baking and trying out some new recipes. Today I made some Monte Carlo's from one of my favourite cooking books, The Australian Womens Weekly Cooking School. I have a long list of recipes that I would like to make from this one.
The recipe is...
180g butter softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 1/4 cups SR flour
3/4 cup plain flour
1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
2/3 cup desiccated coconut
1/3 raspberry jam
Vienna Cream Icing...
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 200 o C (180 fan forced) Grease oven trays and line with baking paper.
2. Beat butter, extract and sugar in small bowl with electic mixer until just combined, beat in egg. Stir in sifted flours, soda and coconut, in two batches.
3. Roll 2 teaspoons of mixture into ovals (i just did balls)place on trays about 5 cm apart. Flatten slightly with the back of the fork to roughen surface.
4. Bake biscuits about 7 minutes.
5. Meanwhile make Vienna Cream.
6. Transfer biscuits to wire rack to cool. sandwich biscuits with Vienna cream and jam.
Vienna Cream...Beat butter, extract and sifted icing sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until fluffy, beat in milk.
Enjoy your week!