Sunday, November 13, 2011

Help needed with the name of this rose please...

One thing I love to do on a Sunday morning is get out and about in the garden with the camera, so these are a few snaps...


Does anyone know the name of this Rose??? Edit Thankyou so much Bev the name of the Rose is 'Pat Austin' After purchasing my roses a few years back I wanted to be familiar with all the rose names and left the tags on, however Jess (our then puppy) had other ideas and thought they made nice chew toys! Lol!



It really is a beautiful rose and also has a perfume



This is a favourite spot to sit on the edge of the deck...all these plants were only planted a few weeks back and going so well! This is also the spot where hubby and I were sitting and he noticed something moving on the other side of the fence in the paddock...



a Pheasant! I hope he comes back again as he was quite beautiful to watch!



I have been trying to work out what I should do with the rest of my day...head into my sewing room and sew or spend my time outside in the garden...but the weather has now changed from a nice morning to showers, so I guess I'm just going to HAVE to sew!

I hope you all enjoy your Sunday!

Lisa

Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

I have had that rose and I know I should know the name as I purchsed a few of them after loosing a family member. I know it will come to me but the ladies name was Josie so I am thinking that it might be something along that line but please do not hold me to it. I can't even go and check the lable as I don't live in the house where they are :o( and I do remember the perfume of them. They are a beautiful rose.

Your garden is beautiful.

De said...

Oh hard choice for you - sew or garden! Your roses are beautiful

Susan said...

Sounds like a great way to spend Sunday .... I think I'll go for the sewing option too.

Anita said...

Hi Lisa, How truly sad you have to go inside and sew because the weather changed! giggle giggle. I love the garden near your decking, it looks inviting and peaceful. Enjoy your Sunday. Regards, Anita.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful rose with a most characteristic form. The colour reminds me of 'Just Joey', but your rose doesn't appear to be frilly enough. The only rose I know with similar form is 'Sir Walter Raleigh'. Might have to take a pic to a rose nursery for identification.

Deb said...

Hi Lisa, its a beautiful rose. Its too tight to be Just Joey, I wonder, if it might be Abraham Darby?

Anonymous said...

what a lovely garden area you have Lisa,also i love your rose but i am no help as to what it is called,lovely post.

Bev C said...

Hello Lisa,

I think this maybe "Pat Austin"
Deb suggested it maybe Abraham Darby but that is a more pinker toned rose.
Hope this helps.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Anonymous said...

Think Bev might be on the money :-)

Isabella said...

I just looked up Pat Austin named after david Austin's wife and it looks very much like it to me. I'm going to have teh same problem when we move which rose is which I havent a clue I go to a dear blogger friend Debs with all mine :)

Tatkis said...

That is a beautiful rose (and I just love smelling roses!)
Your veranda looks great :)

Hugs,
Tatyana